Read and Write the Montessori Way is designed for parents who want to incorporate Montessori language, reading, and writing into their home environment with children aged two and one-half to five! This 135-page e-book includes:
- over 20 lesson activities
- a 45-page printer-friendly version (text only)
- books to read
Table of Contents
- The Sensitive Period for Language: an excerpt from COSMIC EDUCATION by Ursula Thrush
- Montessori Language & Outline for Ages Three to Nine
- Outline for Language Development
- The Classified Picture Cards
- Objects with the Same Beginning Sound, Activity One
- Can you help my bilingual toddler with language delays?
- I Spy Game
- Sandpaper Letters or Sounds
- Increasing Your Older Child’s Vocabulary the Montessori Way
- Practical Life Vocabulary Words for the Sensorial Materials at the Pre-Reading Stage
- How to Begin Teaching the Alphabet
- Three-Year-Old Struggling With Montessori Letters and Numbers
- Montessori Fine Motor and Pre Writing Activities
- Sandpaper Letters: Write
- Moveable Alphabet
- Moveable Alphabet: Pre-Moveable Alphabet Lesson
- Introduction To Writing: an excerpt from COSMIC EDUCATION, by Ursula Thrush
- The Case for Cursive (from Meadow Montessori): Penmanship
- Learning to Write Your Name
- Writing On the Line
- Introduce Poetry to Your Children Using the Montessori Method
- How to Make a Poetry Basket
- The Study of Aesop’s Fables for Your Montessori Environment
- Montessori Reading (or Memorizing?)
- Montessori and Trouble Reading Phonetically
- What are Montessori’s thoughts on reading great literature and reading widely?
- Our Six-Year-Old Is Not interested in Reading
- Is My Child Ready for Phonetic Reading and the Reading Object Box?
- Introduction to Language: The Reading Stage
- Dictation with the Phonograms
- Reading Introduction: an excerpt from COSMIC EDUCATION by Ursula Thrush
- The Object Box
- The Reading Tablets
- Puzzle Words in a Nutshell
- Reading and Writing the Montessori Way: Printer Friendly Edition
It is organized by age (three to five), easy to use, and goes at your own pace!
About me, Lisa Nolan: I am a trained and certified Montessori teacher with over 30 years of experience. I've taught Montessori in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1986. I took my Montessori primary training in 1986 at The Maria Montessori School of the Golden Gate in San Francisco with the late headmistress, Ursula Thrush. I took my Montessori elementary (6-9) training in 1988 at The Maria Montessori School of the Golden Gate in San Francisco (with the late headmistress Ursula Thrush) through the University Extension, University of California Berkeley. I received an MA from San Francisco State University in English Literature and Creative Writing.
I am also a Montessori homeschool consultant, a podcaster, a stay-at-home work-at-home mom, a semi-retired blogger, and a recovering indie publisher. I guess you can call me a one-mom operation! Visit me at https://montessorifortheearth.ning.com
I hope you enjoy my Montessori e-book!
Photo credit: ThomasLife via Foter.com / CC BY-ND